Salary: £36,900-56,500 plus Annual Bonus + Company Car
Location: Altrincham or Reading
About the role:
Realising Energy Solutions` mission to become the leading UK provider of energy management solutions requires a change in its marketing capability and organisation. We currently have a requirement to develop a marketing role which centres on harnessing our investments in technology development through the Remote Optimal suite of software services. This role will be critical in ensuring that we have compelling customer propositions which deliver commercial and market advantage. Looking to move towards enhanced insight driven, customer centric technology based proposition development , the team now requires a dedicated Product Manager to own the Remote Optimal sub brand and drive further technical developments to market.
Acting as the main point of contact between our established marketing communication function and the Technical solutions development, and providing support in the development of marketing strategy, this role will work to develop and execute specific `go to market` propositions, product launches and communications programmes to support the commercial objectives of the business across sales channels / routes to market.
Key accountabilities will include
- Working with the Technology development team, create and articulate new customer propositions which clearly are designed to address specific insights / challenges and provide market / competitor advantage for SSE
- Identifying, evaluating and making recommendations for potential technology partners with whom SSE should engage to create strong commercial market propositions and opportunities for growth
- Working with the Marketing team, develop and deliver a range of market communications which promote our differentiated Remote Optimal propositions and contribute to enhancing our position as thought leaders in energy optimisation . Setting KPIs and targets, reviewing performance over time and making recommendations for enhancements.
- Assisting in the development of sales engagement strategy to help the Sales teams in all channels to understand each new product / proposition, the customer challenges it addresses, the differentiated advantages it provides for SSE and the commercial / financial benefits both for customers and for SSE.
- Being prepared to assist Sales personnel in pre-sales presentations to customers on all new Remote Optimal product / proposition developments.
- Responsibility for development of pricing strategy for all new Remote Optimal product launches – working in collaboration with North / South business leaders, Senior commercial and sales management
- Conducting appropriate market research to explore and identify current and future developing technology trends – conduct evaluation of relevance / application to our channels to market and construct proposals to help inform the Board of potential new areas of opportunity for the Business
- Being a conduit for listening to feedback from customer facing staff and investigating avenues for continual improvement to our current propositions and follow up of new ideas or suggested innovations
- Remaining abreast of industry developments and market trends within designated sectors and proactively communicate to the organisation.
- Monitoring associated budgets, monitoring all expenditure and costs.Advising where additional project resources are required to meet programmes.
- Managing the interface with key stakeholders keeping them engaged and informed. including internal/external clients, colleagues, supplier and partner organisations.
- Embracing the SSE Safety Culture
The ideal candidate for this role will possess an appropriate business degree and a proven track record of previous experience within a technology based product marketing role. You’ll have experience of managing multiple projects and priorities within a fast paced environment and sufficient delivery or risk management experience.
You’ll have an understanding of the energy market and demonstrate knowledge of the role of technology in converging markets. Experience of working within matrix environment and business to business marketing as well as experience of managing the outputs of research, analysing data and formulating appropriate conclusions would be highly advantageous. Furthermore, you will have had good experience of launching products to market and working closely with sales and customer facing teams.
As an individual you’ll have strong all round communication skills and will be a commercial and logical thinker. You’ll have product marketing experience within a blue chip marketing environment and previous experience of presenting to and working with senior executives. You’ll demonstrate a good knowledge of budgeting, excellent Report Writing Skills and solid Project Management Experience. Calm under pressure, you’ll have excellent communication and relationship management skills with the ability to multitask. You’ll possess confidence and be an excellent negotiator. Due to travel associated with the role a Full UK driving license is required.
Energy Solutions, our energy optimisation division - helps businesses achieve reductions in their buildings' energy consumption through the design, maintenance and optimisation of their Building Management Systems.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
- Home based (travelling appointment)
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: 29th April 2019
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.