Job Title: Business Process Analyst - Telecoms
Salary: £34,000 - £45,100 plus bonus
Permanent | Full Time Hours | 37 hours per week
Reporting into the Head of Transformation, you’ll help to drive the Process improvement activity across SSE Telecoms. Additionally, you’ll work closely with key business stakeholders to translate the Business strategy, producing a Target Operating Model in support of new products and business automation.
You’ll collaborate with the Lean Delivery Manager to support Continuous Improvement initiatives, managing process improvements and process impact assessments of the Kaizen project pipeline.
You’ll liaise with the wider organisation to support requirements gathering, and business impact assessments for the key strategic IT programmes and be a point of contact for process and workflow queries
- Working with the Strategy Programme lead and process owners to deliver the Target Operating Model for the business Strategy
- Facilitate process workflow modelling in order to collaborate on process improvements, automation capabilities and clearly defined end-to-end use cases
- Supporting key process improvement within the Lead – Payment, New Product development and Operational ITIL processes
- Define the customer Journeys and work with Service Management for improved Customer Experience
- Collaborate with the Lean Delivery Manager to remove ‘waste’ and cost from the Processes
- Work with business stakeholders for key transformation Programmes to clarify requirements, to plan implementation and to answer queries through the development process
- Carry out in depth scoping exercises during the early stages of a work package to identify key issues of concern and to ascertain clear direction
Your Skills and Experience
- Experience of Lean Six Sigma Methodology
- Experience from a similar support or development role in supporting business critical process such as ‘Lead to Payment’, ‘New Product Development’ with a focus on Sales process Demonstrates a comprehensive breadth and depth of knowledge and experience
- Clear understanding of the Telecommunications industry
- Excellent analysis and knowledge transfer skills to a proven professional level
- Able to take ownership of problems and requests as well as the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Able to visualise and articulate proposed solutions to business problems provided to business areas
- Knowledge of Casewise Modeller and Visio - able to create content to go to the SSE ET management board and senior decision makers in customer businesses
- Able to build internal relationships and manage stakeholders at all levels - effective and persuasive communicator
- Knowledge of ITIL, TMForum Frameworx
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
SSE Enterprise Telecoms operates a 13,700km private telecoms network, with 265 Points of Presence and connectivity to over 80 commercial data centres that span the UK. With its extensive telecoms engineering experience, the company provides commercial security with unrivalled in-house engineering resource to Service Providers, Large Enterprises and the Public Sector providing a competitive range of leading edge Ethernet, Cloud Connect, Optical Networking and Co-location services.
With more than 22,000 employees working over 242 locations, we strive to be a great place to work for everyone. In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll automatically be enrolled in into our Group Pension Plan and have the opportunity to join our Share plans. You’ll enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days (inclusive of public holidays), with the option to buy up to 10 extra days. Each employee is also entitled to one day paid volunteering, allowing you to dedicate your time, skills and expertise to your local community or a charitable cause as part of our “Be the Difference” scheme.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: Friday 27th July, 2018
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.