Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Penner Road, Havant
Salary: £49,565– £65,458 depending on skills and experience
Permanent | Full Time Hours
The Project Manager is the point of delivery of projects to Scottish and Southern Energy Group. Therefore, this role is critical to the successful delivery of projects to SSE.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the end to end delivery of projects through the use of best practice methodologies. Ensuring effective control over costs and resourcing you will enable the delivery of projects to budget, quality and time. You will also ensure that IT/business strategy, policy and standards are adhered to, thus achieving commonality and ease of maintenance.
You will manage relationships with Stakeholders and third parties keeping work flowing effectively. Additionally a vital part of the role is managing the customer relationships and expectations and you should also have the ability to manage project risks and issues by assessing project criticalities and contingencies.
The Project Manager will need to be focused on delivery against stretching targets and requirements and will report on progress against target to Project Sponsors at Project Boards and Head of IT Programmes through the Programme Office and Project Finance. At times the Project Manager may be required to deliver a large individual project or multiple smaller projects.
You will need to establish and maintain highly effective relationships with all business and IT users across SSE, working with them to identify and deliver computer and business systems as specified and working in line with their relevant KPIs. In doing so you will need to provide regular reports on progress.
You will Initiate reviews of existing processes, challenging the status quo and in doing so you will deliver the projects to the required quality and success criteria as defined in the Project Initiation Documents (PIDs)
Recognise where remedial/pro-active action is required and take it and you will anticipate business issues and manage them to minimise their impact. Additionally you will look to solicit feedback on work carried out to be reviewed by way of a lessons learned approach.
You will undertake responsibility for understanding existing and potential systems opportunities to provide advice and guidance as required. Additionally you will carry out assessments of requests for new systems, system changes, or the effects of project changes on existing projects.
Manage cross project and programme dependencies, ensuring activity is joined up from an operational and delivery point of view
Your Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will be PRINCE2 qualified to Practitioner level. You will also have:
- Experience of providing leadership, focus and direction for the a project team within a matrix organisation with .
- Ability to identify key stakeholders and maintain strong project governance.
- Demonstrable skills in managing project risks and issues
- Experience in application/IT based programme or project management.
- Organisational Change Management training awareness
- Experience of project cost accounting
- Excellent understanding of IT products, services and systems
- Experience of managing multiple projects using an enterprise
- High level of aptitude with Microsoft project or similar planning tool
- Experience of differing system development lifecycles and methodologies
- Experience of supplier management Customer focused approach
- Highly articulate with effective written, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Team player and collaborator
- Strong influencing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a challenging environment and develop new skills
Our Retail business is a market leader in supply of electricity and gas and in other energy-related services such as telecoms, broadband and boiler cover. We supply energy to more than seven million household and business account under our brands: SSE, SSE Scottish Hydro, SSE Southern Electric and SSE SWALEC in the Great Britain market and SSE Airtricity in the markets in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. At SSE, we're committed to giving you excellent customer service and treating you fairly; we want to make life easier for you, find ways of saving you money, and be on hand to help when you need us the most, that’s our customer promise.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: Thursday 26th April 2018.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.