STRATEGY COMMUNICATIONS AND PLANNING MANAGER
UP TO £62,500 DEPENDING ON SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE, PLUS BONUS AND EXCELLENT BENEFITS
SSE is embarking on an exciting journey. Our vision is to become a market leading retailer of energy and essential services, by delivering our portfolio of products and services to customers across Energy, Home Services, Energy Services and Retail Telecoms.
What’s involved in the role?
Reporting into the Head of Retail Strategy, the Strategy Communications and Planning Manager will be pivotal in strengthening business alignment through monitoring and communicating our business strategy and performance within the business and across different levels of the organisation. The portfolio of accountable will be wide, as the role will be at the core of understanding strategy and operations of different departments and the Retail business, understanding of market developments and communicating it effectively via reports and presentation to a wide and diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Communicate our strategy through high quality presentations to the Leadership Team, MD and CEO Levels
- Coordinate business planning review through the Retail Management Committee and Quarterly Business Reviews with CEO by supporting agenda setting, collecting and developing materials, communicating the outcomes of the meeting
- Monitor performance by driving KPI processes and collaborating with business leaders to create compelling narratives to explain and challenge business performance
- Lead the development of weekly and monthly reporting to the Executive Committee by driving the submission process, liaising with multiple stakeholders across the organisation and crafting the reports
- Support the MD of Retail and other senior leaders in their internal and external engagements
- Support setting up annual objectives and targets for Retail by working closely with business leaders and business functions
- Take the opportunity to proactively drive and support strategic projects through developing business recommendations derived from research and data driven analysis.
What kind of person are you looking for?
In order to deliver and grow in this role, we need you to have strong thought leadership skills with the determination to continuously improve yourself and others, not only within the team but within the wider business. Outstanding stakeholder management skills are essential in order to influence the management on all levels of seniority so that they can see what good looks like. You will need resilience and rigour to challenge the business when something isn’t right, whilst being ready to take the initiative to resolve problems and improve performance. Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are critical so that you can deliver high quality reports and insight to the business. To make sure that Retail deliver against it strategic projects, you will need high energy, high empathy, excellent teamwork skills, strong values that are aligned with SSE values as well as the passion to learn and grow on the job.
Yes, business experience within either a consultancy or large corporate organisation, and knowledge of Energy supply, utilities, telecoms or essential services is advantageous but not essential.
What’s in it for me?
Joining the SSE Retail Strategy Team presents exceptional opportunities for the right people. Not only will you be joining a business which is thriving in a turbulent market, you will be part of the team who drives the innovation behind growing new business and emerging opportunities within the market. You will have access to opportunities to contribute to the retail strategy and gain exposure to a broad range of stakeholders, including the Retail Leadership Team, the Management Committee and the Group Strategy team. You will be part of a dynamic and growing team with the opportunity to develop a wide portfolio of transferrable skills which will open doors to excellent careers with SSE at Head of, Director and MD levels.
We can also offer you a competitive salary and performance incentive, a contributory pension, share plans, generous leave entitlement and an excellent benefits package which includes staff rates for energy, phone and broadband, plus a host of other rewards and lifestyle benefits
Click on the link below to apply
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 29th August 2017
We look forward to hearing from you!
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. The successful candidates will be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process. This includes a basic criminal record check.