Technical Trainer / Engineering Trainer / Instructor
(Internal Title: System Support Engineer)
Department: Commercial and Connections; Training, System and Support
Salary: up to £49,645 depending on experience + car
Flexible working and part time options are available
Who is Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks?
Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks forms part of the FTSE-50 energy company, SSE. Our electricity distribution and transmission networks carry electricity to over 3.7 million homes and businesses across Scotland and Central Southern England. Our skilled teams are based right across the regions we serve, from the bustle of West London to the smallest villages in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
What does Commercial and Connections do?
The Commercial and Connections team are around 190 strong, and situated across the country in locations such as Perth, Inverness, Reading and Portsmouth. We are the first point of contact for customers wishing to have a new electricity connection, increase the size of their existing connection, install generation, or move the equipment supplying their property. This area of the plays a key role in enabling a competitive electricity market to benefit customers.
I like the sound of that, what about the role itself?
Reporting to the Training and Systems Support Commercial Manager, you will work closely within your team of 5 to be the knowledge sharers of new and upcoming processes and systems.
As our business changes, you will be at the forefront of delivering high end training to internal customers on these changes; ranging from engineering specifications, IT innovations or Regulatory updates from our partners. You can expect to learn new skills and processes regularly, and have the unique opportunity to devise bespoke training material to pass these skills forward.
You will have unique exposure to the innovations taking place throughout the business, and will have early access to up and coming transformation programmes. With this in mind, you will learn these new elements, and create your own training material to deliver via classroom sessions or Webinars across Scotland.
That sounds interesting, but what do you need from me?
To ensure you get the most from your role, and our customers receive the highest standard of service, we ask that you have the following to join us;
- an engineering qualification at min. HND level (Degree level for Lead position), or good quality, relevant experience in the design or delivery of electrical connection projects
- enthusiasm to explore SSE's innovations and learn new ways of working
- a commercially aware mind, with the ability to coach on commercial aspects of our connections business to fulfil objectives
- a desire to create your own training material, and deliver this in your own style; you will receive support from your team if required, however we want you to be the boss of your own training packs
- a strong knowledge sharing attitude; you will be the subject expert in many areas, and our customers will look to you to learn more and help them learn
- your role will involve travel; you will need a full UK driving license
Yes, this role involves working with many different people, across many different platforms, so we ask for a few key competencies;
- safety is a top priority of yours, and you ensure you follow all health and safety guidelines in everything you do
- you will be competent with IT systems, in particular Microsoft applications; we use Windebut and PS Adept/Sincal so if you have a flare for picking up new IT systems, that's a great plus
- your communication skills will be excellent, both written and verbal, with an ability to convey complex material in a transferable manner
- whilst you will enjoy working as a team, you will also be able to work independently and create successful relationships with remote stakeholders across the UK
Great. What's in it for me?
For us it's not just about being good at what you do - it's about enjoying what you do, too. So we'll encourage and empower you to be imaginative, share your great ideas, and do work that you can be proud of. In return for being your best for our customers, you'll also enjoy a variety of benefits and development opportunities. On top of a competitive salary, you'll enjoy generous holiday entitlement, a Group Pension Plan, share options and discounts on energy bills, phone and broadband.
I like the sound of that. Where do I apply?
Click the Apply button to submit your application, it will take no longer than 10 minutes if you have a CV to hand.
Closing date for applications is: Sunday 2nd April 2017.