SSE Utility Services (SSEUS)
New Forest Depot, Lyndhurst
Salary: £20,182 - £26,653 depending on skills and experience
Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks forms part of the FTSE-50 energy company, SSE. Our electricity distribution and transmission networks carry electricity to over 3.7 million homes and businesses across Scotland and Central Southern England. Our skilled teams are based right across the regions we serve, from the bustle of West London to the smallest villages in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
At Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks we are keeping our customers' lives comfortable, warm and well lit, no matter what. Our focus on people helps us understand the needs of the community and deliver the best service possible – no excuses. We've worked on our networks for over 70 years to meet the changing needs of our customers. We are ready to meet the challenges ahead. We're powering our community.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Reinstator to join our team in SSE Utility Services in the Poole area. This is a physically demanding role, involving extensive reinstatement works on the highway and private land. Working closely with your manager, you may also be asked to assist with other ad hoc projects.
If you resonate with the points below, we would love to hear from you;
- you enjoy working outdoors, and being involved in an array of projects, whatever the weather
- safety will be a key focus for you, and you will be vigilant to enforce health and safety guidelines in every aspect of your role
- having worked in a similar role previously, your skills and experience with reinstating techniques including Tarmacadam, modular servicing, slabs and concrete will be vast
- you will have experience working on public highways too, including setting up and dismantling chapter 8 and 2 way temporary traffic signals; all whilst adhering to the code of practice and working alongside hotbox, concrete and grab lorries
We also ask that you have some specific qualifications to strengthen your application;
- you will hold qualifications in CPCS or EUSR and NRSWA
- it would be a particular advantage if you held qualifications in abrasive wheels and vibration pedestrian/ride on roller
- holding a driving license is essential, however if you have 7.5ft entitlement, this would be a bonus too
Having excellent interpersonal skills, you will be capable of building lasting relationships with stakeholders at all levels. As a result of this, you will have first class verbal and written communication skills, being able to convey your position in a clear and concise manner. You will have excellent organisational skills with the ability to work quickly, accurately and independently whilst under pressure. We are always interested in new ways of working and will look to you for innovative ideas to improve processes and move the business forwards.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 3rd May 2017.
There are big energy challenges ahead, but with your skills and experience there are just as many opportunities. For us it's not just about being good at what you do - it's about enjoying what you do, too. So we'll encourage and empower you to be imaginative, share your great ideas, and do work that you can be proud of. In return for being your best for our customers, you'll also enjoy a variety of benefits and development opportunities. On top of a competitive salary, you'll enjoy generous holiday entitlement, a Group Pension Plan, share options and discounts on energy bills, phone and broadband.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. As a courtesy, internal candidates should please notify their line manager prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates will be subject to the company's verification and vetting process which includes a basic criminal record check.