Quantity Inspector x 3 (510525)
Location: Perth / Inverness / Dundee / Aberdeen
Salary: £30,432 - £40,190 depending on skills and experience + car
Who is Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks?
Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks forms part of the FTSE-50 energy company, SSE. Our electricity distribution and transmission networks carry electricity to over 3.7 million homes and businesses across Scotland and Central Southern England. Our skilled teams are based right across the regions we serve, from the bustle of West London to the smallest villages in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
What does Operations do?
Operations are responsible for keeping the lights on; we are at the front line on the Network. If we find a fault, it is our responsibility to respond to the fault, and dispatch our skilled teams to fix it as quickly as possible. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
I like the sound of that, what about the role itself?
We have exciting opportunities for three Quantity Inspectors to join our Strategic Investment Team, responsible for ensuring construction and maintenance works are compliant.
This role holds wide spanning responsibilities, allowing you vast exposure to the team and business activities. You will have responsibility for ensuring all construction / maintenance works are built to the correct specification and compliant across the Scottish & Southern Electricity Networks part of the Business.
The role will have responsibility for carrying out a robust inspection and monitoring process for all works carried out by Framework Contractors working in the North of Scotland, including Islands. The role will require you to manage, co-ordinate and carry out on-site inspections and record the accuracy and quality of work being undertaken by both SSE colleagues and our Contractors. The Frameworks are to include wood pole overhead lines up to 33kv, Primary substations, cabling, jointing, rising mains, civils and any other works that require a future framework to be in place.
In addition you will be required to manage the commercial element of a variety of projects ensuring construction delivery is in accordance to the contract. This will focus on key areas, safety, quality, compliancy and specifications.
That sounds interesting, what do you need from me?
To ensure you get the most from your role, and our customers receive the highest standard of service, we ask that you have the following to join us;
- relevant qualifications in construction / maintenance or experience working on the Distribution Network is essential
- demonstrate knowledge and experience of working within a similar role however consideration will be given to applicants who can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the Power Distribution industry and have operational experience of working on Low and High Voltage Networks
- sound knowledge of electrical plant
- ability to write and produce highly detailed inspection reports
- knowledge of safety regulation; experience of carrying out safety audits on site
- full UK driving licence is required as your role will involve a degree of travel between sites
Whilst the above skills and experience are important, we also have several personal competencies that we look for in our colleagues;
- safety is our number one priority – high regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority
- outstanding customer relationship skills, and a commitment to providing a high level service at all times
- excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable liaising with stakeholders at all levels, both internal and externa
- excellent organisational skills with an ability to work to deadlines
- sound knowledge of IT, namely Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook; a flair for picking up new IT systems is a great advantage
- enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities
Great. What’s in it for me?
For us it's not just about being good at what you do - it's about enjoying what you do, too. So we'll encourage and empower you to be imaginative, share your great ideas, and do work that you can be proud of. In return you'll enjoy a variety of benefits and development opportunities. On top of a competitive salary, you'll enjoy generous holiday entitlement, a Group Pension Plan, share options and discounts on energy bills, phone and broadband.
I like the sound of that. Where do I apply?
Click the Apply button to submit your application, with a CV to hand, it takes no more than 10 minutes.
Closing date for applications is: Wednesday 1st June 2017
Interviews are likely to take place Mid June 2017.
As a courtesy, internal candidates should please notify their line manager prior to submitting their application.